Private hauler is needed for vehicle disposal. Please see donation outlets below.
MA Special Olympics, Recycle for Gold Program 1-800-590-1600
- Tax deductible. Vehicles are completely recycled down to the remaining gas, oil, and antifreeze. The proceeds from the recycled materials help fund athletic training programs and competition for over 9,300 Massachusetts Special Olympics Athletes.
Volunteers of America 441 Centre Street, Jamaica Plain, 617-522-8088
- Free towing, tax deductible. Donate your early ’90s or newer vehicle and help support at-risk youth, adults in recovery from substance abuse, elders in need of housing, and mental health services. Motorcycles, boats and RVs are also accepted.
National Kidney Foundation, Kidney Cars Program 1-800-488-CARS/1-800-488-2277
- Nationwide, year-round pick-up service. Donations help the NKF fund public and professional education, patient and community services, research and organ donation programs.
- Non-profit that provides services for underprivileged children. Donate your car and receive a tax deductible receipt and a hotel voucher.
Habitat for Humanity 877-277-4344
- Cars for Homes helps to build and rebuild houses for families in need.
Autozone will take scrap car parts. Visit their website for more information.
- JN Phillips Auto Glass, located at 53 Canal St. Salem, MA, will recycle broken or replaced windshields (only for windshields they are replacing onsite) – see website for more information. http://www.jnphillips.com/windshield-recycling-guarantee
- Or find another private disposal facility.
- Pepboys, located at 232 Highland Ave. Salem, MA (978)-744-3131
- Clean old tires and use to plant in the garden.
- Return used tires to retailer.
- Make a tree swing.
- Bring used car batteries and used oil to AutoZone for free. Visit their website or go to the nearest location at 292 Canal St. Salem, MA 01970