For more information about Recycling & Trash, go to the click here to go to the City’s trash and recycling page.
If you cannot find what you are looking for on the City’s website, please contact the following resources:
Call Waste Management at 800-972-4545 to:
- Report if trash/recycling is not picked up
- Schedule bulk Item pick up
- Schedule a white goods pick up
Call the Trash Billing Department at 978-619-5675 to:
- Inquire about the status of trash fees
- Inquire about your trash fee account
- Learn how to obtain affidavits
Call the Board of Health (Maureen) at 978-741-1800
- Report if trash is not properly stored, per the guidelines above
- Inquire about hazardous waste disposal
- Report illegal dumping
|Micaela Guglielmi||Waste Reduction Coordinator||978-619-5672|
|Cheryl Cripps||Administrative Assistant||978-619-5673|
|Rayleen McGrath||Principal Clerk||978-619-5675|
How to Recycle Items not Covered by the City Programs
In order to provide a second life for many items in your household and to keep them out of the waste stream, please refer to our section – Repurpose and Reuse.
The Benefits of Recycling in Salem
Recycling is Mandatory in the City of Salem.
Increased recycling is not only good for the environment but also generates additional revenue for the City. If more residents participate in the City’s recycling program due to contract and state requirements, additional money will be raised to fund public schools, police, fire and public works.
GOING GREEN IS GOOD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND THE BOTTOM LINE