Electronic Waste: Salem Residents can drop off electronics to Salem High School the last Saturday of every quarter. Please refer to the Events Calendar. There will be a $10 fee per appliance, TV, or Computer.
Best Buy Collections Program: Electronics & Appliances
White Goods Program Information: See Appliances
- Best Buy Trade In Program –
- Go online to calculate the value of your products
- Accepted Products: PC Desktops, PC Laptops, Apple Desktops, Apple Laptops, All in one computers, Computer Monitors, SLR & Professional, Point & Shoot, Camcorders, MultiMedia Projectors, Home Audio Receivers, Car Audio Receivers, Game systems, Hand-Held Game Systems, Mobile Phones, PDAs or Hand Held Computers, eReaders, iPods & Zunes, GPS Navigation, HD DVD & Blue-Ray Players, Video Games, Musical Instruments, Tablets, Movies & Music
- Goodwill – now accepting computer & peripherals electronic to be refurbished. There are Goodwill trucks in the Stop & Shop parking lots on 19 Howley Street, in Peabody and at 450 Paradise Road in Vinnin Square, Swampscott. They are open approximately 10am-5pm. For more information on their “Dell Reconnect” program, click here.
- Staples Recycling and Eco Services – Staples offers a variety of low-cost recycling programs and eco-services — from ink and toner to Copy & Print recycling.
- World Computer Exchange – They connect developing countries to the interest and accept donations of computers, printers, etc. They are in Massachusetts and Pamela Cooney is director of operations can be reached at 781-0925-3078. This is another option for disposing of Electronics that are in a condition to be reused.
- Dell – free recycling of any Dell product, and other brands when buying Dell
- HP – free recycling of HP or Compaq products, small fee for other brands
- SONY products accepted for FREE at the Waste Management Transfer Station (10 Poplar St, Somerville, MA)
- Household Hazardous Waste Day – refer to the Events Calendar for further details
Other Options for Electronics Recycling:
- Gazelle –
- Type in your product in the Gazelle search bar.
- Choose your product from the search results.
- Continue through the steps to evaluate the condition and value of the product.
- Accept offer and checkout.
- Ship your product to Gazelle & once your product is received and verified, a check or gift card will be sent to you.
- Products accepted: various electronics including computers, video games, cell phones, etc.
- CRTRecycling Inc. (1-800-944-7019) less than 8ft. long items